Wednesday, July 30, 2008

String Beans, and the first Tomato of the season

Beans, beans, and more beans, I love 'em. The Pole beans started coming in today though only the eastern end of the row so far, Yellow Wax beans are coming in very well still, I'm thinking of putting in another row or two. 

We have Pik Red tomatoes and a couple Roma Plum tomatoes that have started coming in today.  The Roma plants don't look like they are doing well (greens are dying from the bottom up), I'll talk to Tony up on the hill he has more experience with the Roma's, maybe this is normal for the plants.

The Colorado Potato beetles have slowed down I may not need to spray them, maybe I can just pick off the remaining beetles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fixing the yard hill & Labor day

  Fixing the yard hill: Tuesday we're got 8 yards of 3/4" crushed stone, and 18 yards of loam delivered to fix a lot of sloped are...