Saturday, January 23, 2010

You're how old? My Birthday, 7am, and I need Coffee...

I got up early this morning, I distinctly smelled coffee, so I got up. Must have been next door making coffee, so I started the coffeepot and "What do my wondering eyes do appear?"  Looking down the driveway like I do every morning,  "What the heck is that looks like a bees nest hanging in the bushes", how could I have missed that before?  Then I see another curiously round orb hanging in the tree...  Hmm,  off to the dining room to get a better look, Oh Nooo!  Appears there were elves here overnight, yes overnight as the display is covered with frost...  I watch CSI you know.   Rose went out to take a better look, (or maybe so she could laugh out loud without me hearing...) she walked down to the barn because she said all the cars driving by were slowing down to a crawl... She had to see why... Oh no, Donnie wait'll you see...  

What is that a bees nest?
 Oh It gets better....


Oh, And there's more...
 
We're not done yet...


And still more... Yes those are little Pink Flamingos in the snow to the left of the barn.
Oh and as I'm taking these pics the neighbor walks by
and asks me "who's 50!" Ugh...


But wait look, someone left footprints, perfectly preserved footprints in the snow,
they look like girl boots to me... remember I watch CSI... you can even read the boot size...
I will find you....  and when I do just wait... you'll be old some day too...  huahahaha...



Well it's a good day to be "50" anyway!
 Thanks whoever you are, it made my morning!
-Don

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fixing the yard hill & Labor day

  Fixing the yard hill: Tuesday we're got 8 yards of 3/4" crushed stone, and 18 yards of loam delivered to fix a lot of sloped are...