Thursday, March 01, 2012

Snow finally hits the Northeast in 2012!

Well it finally happened...  The unthinkable...

The flakes started flying Wednesday afternoon and it's just now finishing up on Thursday evening.  The first snow of 2012, about 13 inches of it, not particularly heavy or wet but it was sticky.  A veritable winter freaking wonderland.  I'm so over winter what there was of it, I was sorta hoping for the winter that wasn't.  (almost got my wish too.)  I shoveled the path this morning fed the barn animals and off I went to work, roads were pretty good, even Rt. 93, I made it to work in about an hour and a quarter.  

I thought the commute home would be bad, but it wasn't much worse than normal, a couple of folks that just can't drive figure out how to drive in the snow (you may refer to them by another name...I know I do on occasion.)  Snowblow'd the driveway, barn paths, manure pile, the shed, and the dogs run around the house path along with roof raking the north side while Rosie cleared the cars off.  I'm done for the evening.

Oh yeah, I hear it's supposed to be SIXTY degrees next week... Take that Winter!

Birdhouse pictures I promised...  All from this morning.

Wood colored Birdhouses




The Ol' Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fixing the yard hill & Labor day

  Fixing the yard hill: Tuesday we're got 8 yards of 3/4" crushed stone, and 18 yards of loam delivered to fix a lot of sloped are...