Saturday, July 20, 2013

Mowing fun

I decided to mow my overgrown lawn last night just before dark so I wouldn't have to mow it today in the oppressive heat, the mosquitoes were plentiful as were those damned deer flies.  


They were on me in a flash, I hurried to the mover, unhooked the trailer, jumped on the tractor and took off, I got about 12 feet and the tractor sputtered and died.  "Great! I'm out of gas", went to the shed to get the half full gas can and found a deer block I 'd put there last week half eaten by something.  Whatever it was it was only interested in the corn in the block, there was plenty of shredded block on the floor but all the corn was missing from what was on the floor.  Anyway, I grabbed the jug and managed to fill the mower before being totally drained of blood.  The tractor started and I was off.

I noticed the dragonflies were following me around the yard by the dozen bobbing and weaving and generally staying out of my way, they were taking out all the mosquitoes and horseflies as they got near me.  Pretty amazing,  I was not bothered by a single mosquito or deer fly the entire time I was mowing.  

How cool is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fixing the yard hill & Labor day

  Fixing the yard hill: Tuesday we're got 8 yards of 3/4" crushed stone, and 18 yards of loam delivered to fix a lot of sloped are...