Thursday, April 30, 2020

Zombieland


Zombieland



I was driving around Manchester on Sunday, even though I'm seeing it I still can't believe how few cars there are on the road. Everywhere I went the roads are largely empty, the town feels like a scene out of the Zombieland movie.  Up the street around 2pm I saw where all the cars were on a Sunday afternoon, there were easily 60 cars in line for Starbucks, lined up and around the bend and down in front of the other stores, really? We're all doomed!

I got the DR Field and Brush mower running, mice in the engine cowl, suckers chewed nearly through the spark plugs wire and built a two story house in there. Once running I mowed a bunch of raspberries and honeysuckle vines.  Went to the NB town dump with a trailer load of construction debris and was told Green bagged trash only.  Now what? Great, now my trailer needs to be unloaded before I can use it for anything else.

Planning the 2020 Victory Garden out, end of May is coming fast. 

Brought the dogs out tonight Sunday in the rain pulled my pocket light out and took a quick walk around the front yard looking for night-crawlers, spotting and pulling them by the dozen it's a blast and cuts down on the fishing costs. Fishing licenses are $47 ea. again this year. Pulled the boat out from under cover and got the trolling motor battery charged up. Took a drive to Mt William pond and saw a couple trout on a stringer aside a canoe beached there.  I heard NH Fish & Game are not announcing where they are stocking this year just to help with the social distancing, probably a good idea. Gorham Pond I saw a couple guys skipping stones that's about all was going on there. We'll get licenses next week if all goes well.

Sunday is looking to be 70 degrees. Maybe we'll take the boat out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fixing the yard hill & Labor day

  Fixing the yard hill: Tuesday we're got 8 yards of 3/4" crushed stone, and 18 yards of loam delivered to fix a lot of sloped are...