Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Our Adventures at Wally World continue

The Games Continue

Our Adventures at Wally World continue, Monday night, had to get a battery for the Tucson, and Rose had to return some pants.  I'd gone online prior to going there, and saw the battery was $88.00 with a 3 year warranty, I took a screenshot so I knew what model to buy, not a bad price, as the Die-Hard battery at Autozone was $178 with a 3 year warranty.

Figured I'd go pickup the $88 dollar one at Wally World.  

So we go right to the Auto section and the battery rack is mostly empty, oh, no... but, low and behold they had the Everstart battery for my car.  The shelf below the battery (of course) said $129.84 not the $88 that I saw online, we loaded it into the cart and headed for the registers any way.

Wally World only has 3 registers open... so we waited, and waited some more. We finally get to the cashier and I told the woman that I needed a price check on the car battery, she scans it and sure enough it comes up at $129.84.  I showed her my phone with the the Walmart web site battery price, then she says "that must have been a Black Friday price". I told her "no this is Walmart's web site right now".  She calls over the manager, and says "are we still price matching?" as though what I showed her was a competitors web site. He replied "yes" we still price match...  Then the manager scans the barcode on the battery with his cell phone, it pulls up the Walmart site and the $88.00 price and says I was right, "Give him the $88.00 price".  (Yup, you heard that right, I Was Right!), yay me!  I just saved $41.84!

So Rose was walking by crock-pots and says she is picking up yet another crock-pot, I said what do we need another crock-pot for?  Being sharp as she is she says I couldn't even cook you your turnip for thanksgiving because I didn't have a crock-pot for it.  Yes she did...  I returned just as quickly "Okay Fine then I'm getting another gun!"  She just smiled...  And that folks is what you call a WIN-WIN!

The Covid-19 variant of the day is out... It's OMICRON

 

Drove by this last week had to stop and take a pic...  LOL!


Hulu,  I was talking to Jarrod over thanksgiving, he mentioned he still had Hulu, we had it at one time but had the Hulu Plus with Live TV it was I believe $67 per month and we dropped it.  Jarrod said he has the regular version of Hulu that's cheaper.  Right now they are running a .99 cents per month for 12 months deal.  I jumped on that at the price, we can keep it for $6.99 per month after the 12 months or cancel it next November.


 Stay safe out there

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fixing the yard hill & Labor day

  Fixing the yard hill: Tuesday we're got 8 yards of 3/4" crushed stone, and 18 yards of loam delivered to fix a lot of sloped are...