Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dusk Does

A bunch of does out this evening, at least 3 that we saw along with a couple fawns. Pics are not that good, it was really dark... When I say dusk it it really DARK, I punched the ISO up to 640 and was still getting 6/10 second shutter speed. Fawns were jetting around as usual, way to fast for the shutter speeds I am at. Only way to improve the light is to get a faster lens like a 70-200mm F2.8 lens... Hah, $2500. The lens I am shooting with a Canon 17-85mm F4-5.6 is a great walk about lens, it simply isn't up to the task of shooting low light shots. Have my eye on a Sigma or maybe a Tamron at about 1/5 the price, we'll see.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fixing the yard hill & Labor day

  Fixing the yard hill: Tuesday we're got 8 yards of 3/4" crushed stone, and 18 yards of loam delivered to fix a lot of sloped are...