Friday, October 28, 2011

Ol' Man Winters a Comin'

I saw a Coyote on the way home from work tonight, right on RT114 in Goffstown. It was just about dusk ~6pm he ran right across the road in front of the car about 20 feet out.  He turned and looked right at me as he ran across the road, wish I had more time to watch him, time flies at 45 mph, he was across the road and headed down the embankment to my left in a second.  It's been more than 6 years now since we heard them calling in the evenings up on the hill heading up towards Weare from our place.



A Nor'Easter on Saturday, Six to Twelve yeah I said it 6-12" of heavy, wet, power outage causing snow.  Glad we got the genny up out of storage last weekend, talk about timing.

I ordered a replacement combustion blower for the St'Croix Pellet stove last weekend, (Stove won't drop pellets unless this blower is functioning) I'm hoping it arrives soon. Stove shop told us it'd be here on Monday (5 days ago) and no call yet.  I may have to go elsewhere for the part.  It's not our only stove but is the larger of the two pellet stoves we heat with.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Fixing the yard hill & Labor day

  Fixing the yard hill: Tuesday we're got 8 yards of 3/4" crushed stone, and 18 yards of loam delivered to fix a lot of sloped are...